Thursday, June 25, 2009

WHOLE foods.

I am nearing my "TAC" total allowable catch (usually used in fisheries...) for my sweets count. I had ice cream last night which was my last sweet for the week. I am not sure the tally is going to work well for me, but I'm going to keep it up and see how the next few days go. It would have been weird to turn down the ice cream as I was sharing 1 pint with 3 friends, so we were actually only having 1 serving-- go us. Still, I have been eating too much overall. I am going to actively begin to scale back, while eating more healthily in general-- by HEALTH I don't mean low fat, low cal, low this and that. I mean WHOLE foods. For example, last night's dinner was delish! I made pasta with a shrimp, tomato, spinach, garlic topping. I had one serving and really felt full! It was just about having the right amount of something GOOD to eat, not just getting by because I can get away with eating THIS much of that low-cal thing. So here is to whole foods at the right serving size. Teacher, Powderhouse and another friend and I played Apples to Apples and had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment