I like setting goals on Monday for the obvious reason that it's the beginning of a new week. This week brings interesting challenges especially at work. We have a pizza lunch today and a catered lunch tomorrow, as well. In general, I have a tough time avoiding sweets at catered lunches and pizza is certainly no good for my summer goal of losing these last 10 pounds. So... I'll have to get creative.
1. Try to avoid pizza-- have salad, soup, diet coke and avoid the cookies/brownies! Have pudding if sugar is needed.
2. Finish edits on work spreadsheet and complete 2 other projects.
3. Run 8 with Liz
4. Hang out and be confident!! with Frisbee. (Cut down the fat talk, seriously!)
Monday Mantra: Would a fit me eat that?
Semi-fail, semi win.
Did not totally avoid pizza, but not bad.
Had some cake, 1 point! 2 desserts left this week. I CAN DO THIS.
Not going to run 8, hip is too sore. I am off to the gym for some abs and push ups!
By the way, Prevention published a good article for helpful, healthy eating tips today. My few favorites are:
3. Resolve never to supersize your food portions--unless you want to supersize your clothes.
6. Make sure your plate is half veggies and/or fruit at both lunch and dinner.
16. Follow the Chinese saying: "Eat until you are eight-tenths full."
39. "It's more stressful to continue being chubby than to stop overeating."
41. Don't "graze" yourself fat. You can easily munch 600 calories of pretzels or cereal without realizing it.
Holiday Gift Guide for Fitness & Athleisure Lovers
13 hours ago