Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Orderly Eating

Working on this idea: Ordered Eating. Currently it's very disordered. Not that I have some categorical thing... but that my approach to eating is full of anxiety and thus, really chaotic. Could be the other way around, too. In any event, today's lunch post on Carrots 'n' Cake, one of my favorite blogs, is really encouraging. I have done pretty well for the past 2 days and I am in fact down 3 pounds. I would like to keep this up! One thing that seriously bring me down are sweets, in general. If I can stick with mostly veggies, I tend to do much better. Even fruit can be overstimulating for my appetite. So one thing I am going to focus on is increasing my veggie and salad intake. That has to include lean protein! Tofu, edamame, yogurt, milk.. cheese on occasion.

Today is a new day. This minute is a new minute. So, post-bbq day (stuck with a veggie burger and Italian ice!!), it's onwards and upwards. Possibly seeing Food Inc. tonight. That should encourage even more good choices with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment